Google Hangouts is a platform that makes online conversations and meetings a breeze, but sometimes you need to distance yourself from particular individuals. If you are harassed or spammed by someone or don’t want them to contact you or view your contents, you can block them on Google+, Google Photos, Hangouts or YouTube Contacts. If you block them in one app, that person will be blocked across Google.
What is Google Hangout
Google Hangouts is a unified communication service that permits members to begin and participate in text, voice or video chats, either one-on-one or in a group. Hangouts are built into Google+ and Gmail, while mobile Hangouts apps are accessible for iOS and Android devices.
Google Hangouts can also be a useful and cost-saving collaboration platform for business customers. There is also a Hangouts option available called Google Hangouts on Air. It generally allows Google+ users to transmit video calls live on YouTube. Hangouts on Air has achieved traction as a pathway to supervise online seminars and talk shows for organizations.
Google Hangouts replaces the former chat capabilities built into Gmail, Google+, and the Google Talk app as well. Hangouts can also merge with Google voice that authorizes users of that service to make free domestic phone calls from their computing devices. Google influences the use of Chats over Hangouts as an instant messaging tool. In 2020, Google put back Hangouts with Google Chat in Gmail.
How to Block someone on hangouts on Desktop
- Open your browser: First of all, click on your browser. Then type www.gmail.com, and press ENTER.
- Login: Enter your email id with a password and then log in to your Gmail.
- Click on other people’s name: After login, you see your profile icon with name on the left-side in the middle. Below it, you will find the names of the number of people with their profile icon and names.
- Select the person: Choose the person from the list you want to block and click on it.
- Click on the Settings icon: Now, you should see the settings icon that looks like a gear on the top-right corner. You have to click on that.
- Click on Block: After this, click on the circle-shaped, red-coloured having a line in the centre. It is the blocking option. Then again, click on the block. Now, the person is blocked from your hangout.
How to unblock someone on hangouts on Desktop
- Click on down-arrow: You will see your profile icon with your name on the left side in the middle. When you find a down-arrow, click on that.
- Click on blocked people: After scrolling down, find the blocked people option. You have to click on the list of blocked person.
- Select the unblock button: Pick up the person you want to unblock and click the unblock button.
How to Block someone on Hangouts on Android
- Open your Gmail app: Firstly, open your Gmail app on your android.
- Login: Enter your email id and password and then log in.
- Tap on profile icon: After login, you may view the names of the people with their profile icon.
- Choose the person: Choose the person from the list whom you want to block and press on it.
- Tap on three dots: Tap on the three white dots in a circular shape placed on the top-right corner.
- Tap on the people option: Now, you can see the number of options. You have to tap on the people option.
- Tap on Three small dots again: On the top-right corner, again tap on the three-white colour dots,
- Choose block option: A list will be created after tapping. Tap on the block option that you see at the bottom.
- Tap on the block: Press the block button.
How to unblock someone on Hangouts on Android
- Open Gmail: Open your Gmail app on your android phone.
- Tap three bars: Tap three white coloured horizontal bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings: Now, you should see the settings icon that looks like a gear on the top-right corner. You have to click on that.
- Tap on your E-mail id: When you see your email-id, tap on that.
- Tap on blocked contacts: Tap on the blocked contacts option. There you may see the blocked person name.
- Unblock the person: Press on the unblock option. Now, the person is unblocked.
You might not be comfortable talking to someone on social media platforms or simply want to pass over the persons because of your busy schedule. Hangouts provide you with the blocking option so that the chosen person can’t message you or watch your updates. Besides, you can also unblock the person when you want to.
If you are looking for information about Instagram PVA Accounts right away.